Profile Products is a global developer and manufacturer of engineered horticultural growing media, erosion control products and soil amendments. The company’s products, including hydraulic mulch and soil conditioners, are cost-effective and environmentally-friendly solutions to a variety of end markets such as sports fields, golf courses, waste management, civil and private construction, horticulture and energy.
How We Partnered
A partnership with management to acquire the Company from its previous private equity owner. Management made a meaningful investment in the company as part of the transaction.
- Leading market position with recognized, valued brands
- Strong, demonstrable value proposition of core products
- Multiple avenues for growth, including new product introductions, channel expansion and geographic expansion
- Stable, diversified revenue base across varied end markets
Incline Value Enhancement
- Completed three strategic acquisitions, adding to the Company’s geographic footprint and product offerings while deepening Profile’s reach into the attractive horticulture end market
- Added substantial capacity to support growth during our hold period and beyond through the opening of a second plant and breaking ground on a third plant
- Invested in R&D capabilities to roll out transformational new products in the retail horticulture and animal health segments
- Worked with the CFO to hire his successor and support his transition to retirement, and filled the newly-created position of President to support long-term succession planning
Buffalo Grove, IL
Specialized Light Manufacturing
Profile Products Story
Watch to learn what Jim Tanner at Profile Products, has to say about successfully partnering with Incline.
Incline was instrumental in positioning Profile for long-term success. With their guidance and resources, we enhanced our product development capabilities, supporting the introduction of revolutionary products in the horticulture and animal health segments. Additionally, we added substantial capacity with the opening of two new facilities while further building out the management team with several key hires. We are primed for significant growth and excited to continue the momentum with our new partner.